1. Apple-A-Day Company has the following inventory data:
July 1Beginning inventory20 units at $20$ 400
7Purchases 70 units at $21 1,470
22Purchases 10 units at $22 220
A physical count of merchandise inventory on July 30 reveals that there are 30 units on hand. Using the LIFO inventory method, the amount allocated to cost of goods sold for July is
2. Adams Company is a retailer and uses a perpetual inventory system. Which statement is correct?
Returns of merchandise inventory by Adams Company to a manufacturer are credited to Inventory.
Freight paid to get merchandise inventory to Adams Company’s store is debited to Freight Expense.
A return of merchandise inventory by one of Adams Company’s customers is credited to Inventory.
Discounts taken by Adams Company’s customers are credited to Inventory.
3. In a period of rising prices, which of the following inventory methods generally results in the lowest net income figure?
Average Cost Method
Need more information to answer
4. In periods of rising prices, the inventory method which results in the inventory value on the balance sheet that is closest to current cost is the
average cost method.
5. Net income will result if gross profit exceeds
cost of goods sold.
cost of goods sold plus operating expenses.
6. Which of the following is not a common cost flow assumption used in costing inventory?
7. Delightful Discs has the following inventory data:
Nov. 1 Inventory30 units @ $8.00 each
8Purchase120 units @ $8.60 each
17Purchase60 units @ $8.40 each
25Purchase90 units @ $8.80 each
A physical count of merchandise inventory on November 30 reveals that there are 100 units on hand. Ending inventory under LIFO is
8. When goods are returned that relate to a prior cash sale
the Sales Returns and Allowances account should not be used.
the Cash account will be credited.
Sales Returns and Allowances will be credited.
Accounts Receivable will be credited.
9. Which sales accounts normally have a debit balance?
Sales returns and allowances.
both (a) and (b).
Neither (a) nor (b).
10. Financial information is presented below:
Operating Expenses$ 45,000
Cost of Goods Sold90,000
Gross profit would be
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more