1. What is the effect of the adjusting entry for Depreciation expense?
The entry increases total liabilities and increases total expenses.
The entry increases total assets and increases total expenses.
The entry decreases total assets and increases total expenses.
The entry decreases total liabilities and increases total expenses.
2. At the end of the current year, the accountant for Navistar Graphics forgot to make an adjusting entry to accrue Wages payable to the company’s employees for the last week in December. The wages will be paid to the employees in January. Which of the following is one of the effects of this error?
Net income is overstated.
Liabilities are overstated.
Net income is understated.
Expenses are overstated.
3. Which of the following statements MOST precisely describes a classified balance sheet?
Accounts are classified by their purchase dates.
Account balances are listed from the highest amount to the lowest amount.
Assets are listed in their order of liquidity.
Assets are listed in alphabetical order.
4. A business pays its insurance premium of $2,400 on November 1 of each year. On January 1 of the new (after December 31 adjustments), the Prepaid insurance account has a debit balance of:
None of these is correct
5. What is the key distinction between current and non-current assets?
Current assets will be used up or converted to cash within one year or one operating cycle.
Non-current assets are which do not lose their value over time.
Current assets always have lower balances than non-current assets.
Non-current assets will not be used until the future.
6. Which of the following is TRUE?
Accrual accounting is required by generally accepted accounting principles.
Accrual accounting records expenses when incurred. Cash-basis accounting records expenses when cash is paid.
Accrual accounting records revenue when services are rendered. Cash-basis accounting records revenue when cash is received.
All of the above are true.
7. Prepaid rent is an expense account.
8. Which of the following accounts will be closed by crediting the Income summary account?
9. Which of the following accounts are temporary accounts that must be closed at the end of the year?
Assets, liabilities and withdrawals
Revenues, expenses and withdrawals
Assets, liabilities and capital
Revenues, expenses and capital
10. The purposes of the adjusting process are:
to adjust expenses and revenues to the proper accrual basis.
to adjust asset and liability balances to the proper accrual basis.
to adjust expenses and revenues as well as asset and liability balances to the proper accrual basis.
none of the above.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more