Case Study 1
Your clients, Jerry and Jenny, are 25 years old. They have come to you for assistance with planning for the cost their child’s education and their retirement. They would like to know if they are on track to reach these two goals. Below are the facts about the family.
1. Calculate the current cost of Jazz’s college education.
2. Calculate the capital needs of the couple at retirement and the current value (today’s value) of their retirement needs.
3. Provide the couple with a summary of their goals with the current total amount needed to reach their goals, showing how you arrived at the total.
4. Given their current resources, does the couple have sufficient resources to achieve their goals? Using calculations, show and explain your answer to the couple.
5. Using calculations and explanations provide the couple with three alternatives for meeting their goals.
6. In your own words, provide the couple with the advantages and disadvantages of two accounts and/or investment instruments that are used specifically to save for college education expenses. Which would you recommend and why?
Your completed Case Study must contain a minimum of 500 words and 2 citations in current APA format. Acceptable sources are personal finance journals, magazines, or newspapers.
Case Study 2
Your client, Steven, age 43, has come to you for assistance with retirement planning. He provides you with the following facts.
1. Using calculations, explain to Steven why it is realistic to use a wage replacement ratio of 80%.
2. Using the annuity method, calculate how much capital Steven will need to be able to retire at age 68.
3. Given his current resources, does he have sufficient resources to achieve his retirement goal? Using calculations, show and explain your answer to Steven.
4. Provide Steven with 3 alternatives for meeting his retirement goal. In doing so, use calculations to show the impact of each alternative.
Before hiring you as his financial planner, Steven was going to another planner. He mentions that the other planner calculated this retirement needs another way, so he asks you to calculate his retirement needs using other methods.
5. Using the capital preservation method, calculate how much capital Steven needs in order to retire at 68.
6. Using the purchasing power preservation method, calculate how much capital Steven needs in order to retire at 68.
7. In your own words, provide Steven with the advantages and disadvantages of each method and explain why the amounts calculated are different with the three methods.
8. In your own words, provide Steven with the advantages and disadvantages of 2 investment instruments that are used specifically to save for retirement. Which would you recommend and why?
Your completed Case Study must contain a minimum of 700 words and 2 citations in current APA format. Acceptable sources are personal finance journals, magazines, or newspapers.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more