Discussion: Task Groups
Group work is a commonly used method within school settings. Because peer interaction is important in the emotional and social development of children, the task group can serve as a wonderful therapeutic setting and tool; however, many factors should be considered when implementing this type of intervention.
For this Discussion, read the Van Velsor (2009) article.
Provide a 400-word discussion Post
– your understanding of task groups as an intervention for children.
– Use the model for effective problem solving to compare and contrast (how to identify the problem, develop goals, collect data).
– How does this model differ from a traditional treatment group?
– What are the advantages and possible disadvantages of this model?
– Describe how you might use this model for adults.
– What populations would most benefit from this model?
Paper must contain at least 3 references from the Required Reading contained below being sure to reference Toseland, Van Velsor, and Holosko and Dulmus.
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An introduction to group work practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
· Chapter 11, “Task Groups: Foundation Methods” (pp. 336-363)
· Chapter 12, “Task Groups: Specialized Methods” (pp. 364–395)
Holosko, M. J., Dulmus, C. N., & Sowers, K. M. (2013). Social work practice with individuals and families: Evidence-informed assessments and interventions. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
· Chapter 1 “Assessment of Children”
· Chapter 2 “Intervention with Children”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more