A researcher is interested in comparing the response times of two different cab companies. Companies A and B were each called at 50 randomly selected times. The calls to company A were independently made from the calls to company B. Company A had a mean response time of 8.5 minutes with a standard deviation of 1.8 minutes. Company B had a mean response time of 5.5 minutes with a standard deviation of 1.6 minutes. Use .05 significance level to test the claim that the mean response time for company A differs from the mean response time for company B.
1. State the null and alternative hypotheses symbolically and identify which represents the claim.
2. Determine whether the hypothesis test is a one-tailed test or a two-tailed test and whether or not to use a z-test or a t-test. Explain reasoning.
3. Identify the critical value(s) and identify the rejection region(s).
4. Use the appropriate test to find the appropriate test statistic. You can use technology for this question but please attach your results which must show your work.
5. Based on your test statistic and your rejection region, what is your decision.
6. Interpret your decision in context of the original claim.
7. Construct a 95% confidence interval estimate of the difference between the mean response times for Company A and Company B. Interpret your interval in context of the original claim.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more