This study sheet will help you write a rough draft of the speech assignment that you will revise later on. Answer the following questions as you work through your study to build a strong and successful speech.
Use the questions below for brainstorming and to help you choose an idea.
1. When it comes to discrimination, what do you think (or hope) people will do better in the future as opposed to today? What are some unfair practices in today’s world that you’d like to see change? Set yourself a three-minute time limit and jot down as many ideas as you can.
2. Which idea from the list above best fits the assignment and your interests, and why?
Use the questions below for brainstorming and to help you organize your ideas.
3. Look online or in the library for information on your subject. If you’re finding too much or too little information, fill in the item that applies to your topic below. If you’ve found exactly the right number of sources you think you can use, you may skip this question.
Too much information? Narrow your focus. What small topic can you choose from within the big topic you started with? Consider focusing on a particular location, a more limited time period, a more specific group of people, and so on.
Too little information? Think outside the box. You’re writing about a form of unfairness, so what makes you think it exists in the first place? Even if you can’t find articles that discuss the problem, you may find sources that provide evidence that can be interpreted as discrimination in your speech.
4. List four or five possible sources below.
. List your source for this below. Add a sentence or two to describe how media element could enhance your speech.
6. How will you grab the audience’s attention at the beginning of the introduction?
7. How will you phrase your claim?
8. What is your first supporting point? What source material will you use as evidence?
9. What is your second supporting point? What source material will you use as evidence?
10. (This step is optional — skip it if you already have enough to fill five minutes.) What is your third supporting point? What source material will you use as evidence?
11. How will you conclude your speech?
12. Write down the key points as you will use them when you read your speech aloud.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more