Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
The security consulting firm that you work for has been awarded a contract to implement a new IT Security Infrastructure to secure the Information Technology data assets of a local government agency. This agency has many remote workers that are in the field and need to connect back to the agency’s system servers. The remote workers use a wireless network infrastructure to connect their electronic pads to servers located within the local government’s facility. The remote workers have needs to access property records, cite zoning violations electronically, and validate building permits. The public demand to expand IT services has grown faster than its ability to provide an adequately secured infrastructure. In fact, this government entity was previously featured on the news for having minimal security controls and methods for accessing property tax information of citizens. The inadequate security allowed many construction trade businesses to illegally access property records and zoning violations. Your role in this project is to enhance and optimize the security mechanisms for accessing these systems.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Create an information flow diagram, using Visio or Dia, which:
a. Illustrates how remote users will securely connect to the government agency’s network.
b. Illustrates the patch of network devices that data packets must travel to get from server to remote user’s device and back to
Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
2. Provide an equipment list of network security devices that would be needed to ensure the integrity and sensitivity of private information. In this list:
a. Propose at least two (2) vendor brands per each device and the associate costs required to procure these items.
b. Identify the functionality each device serves and the expected benefits the government agency should experience upon the successful installation of this equipment.
3. Develop a maintenance plan that should be recommended to the government agency to ensure having the latest security measures available within the network in which you:
a. Describe the risks associated with not fulfilling the activities outlined within your maintenance plan.
b. Indicate specific activities, personnel / resources required, and frequency of execution.
4. Recommend at least four (4) physical security measures that could be developed to ensure the electronic perimeter of electronic assets.
5. Recommend at least two (2) physical security vendors that could achieve the four (4) security measures you identified. Justify your
recommendations with your response.
6. Evaluate and consider activities that the Human Resources Department could perform in order to complement and instill security from within the organization. Provide a rationale with your response.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more