and click on Run Now.
Batteries, Resistance and Current
Check “show battery” and “show cores”, watch what happens, adjust some variables
1. Why do electrons (blue dots) move? Draw a diagram of the battery, label the flow of electrons. The flow of current (+) is opposite; draw this and note if toward or away from + terminal of the battery.
2. What does the Ammeter (on the left) measure? How is this shown in the sim?
3. What role do the “green dots” in the resistor play in the sim? What do you think they represent? What does this tell you about the effect of resistors in a circuit?
4. Increase the resistance (# green dots). What affect does this have on temperature? WHY?
5. When the circuit gets hotter, what affect does this have on current? Explain using kinetic-molecular theory.
6. To make the circuit “cold”, what do you need to do? WHY?
7. Describe the relationship between voltage and temperature.
“Resistance in a Wire”:
1. In this sim, what variables are you seeing the relationship of. Write the formula below, and indicate the units used to measure each one.
2. Try increasing the resistivity of the resistor, r. How does this change the “look” of the resistor? Describe how that relates to the formula you just wrote (direct, indirect relationships, etc.). What happens to the value of “R” (Resistance)? Is this something that can be changed in a resistor that you would buy in a store to use in a circuit?
3. Now increase the length (L) (you would essentially be designing a different resistor, since you can’t do this to one you will be using in a circuit).What happens to “R”? WHY?
4. Now increase the area (A) of the resistor. What changes? WHY?
5. Write a summary about the different relationships you looked at in the properties and measurements of a resistor.
In this sim, vary the values of Resistance (R), Current (I) and Voltage (V).
1. What are three different combinations of I and R which get a voltage of 6.0 Volts?
2. Describe the relationship between I and R. Why is this?
3. What would happen if you could decrease the resistance to 0? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more