Write a 250-word (minimum) essay on the following topic.
In the late 19th century, the Berlin Museum, which then owned the Ghent Altarpiece, separated the painted fronts of these panels from their backs, which were also painted, by sawing them apart. This harsh measure was intended to facilitate the exhibition of the panels and their inspection by an art-loving public. But it also served to obscure the fact that the panels were created as ecclesiastical objects for display in a church, not as simply works of art. Is there something wrong with the display of religious objects as art? Did the museum mistreat the Ghent Altarpiece by facilitating its public display, or should religious art be displayed like other works of art? Why or why not?
Essay Grading and Criteria
In preparing Essay assignments for each module, students will be required to write a more formal response to a topic of a minimum 250 words. The following ideas are how this item will be graded:
1) A good Essay response answers the full question in a direct and specific manner which has been proofread for proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
2) The minimum for the Essay is 250 words and this does not include title, name, or references. Short responses will be deducted the percentage of how short it is.
3) Get to the point quickly and specifically. Posts that have too many general statements could be penalized 10-15%.
4) Develop a thesis statement for the essay. Basically state exactly what you are going to discuss in this essay. (No thesis: -15%; a non-specific thesis: -10; and an almost fully specific thesis: between 3% and 5% off). For 250 word Essay assignments, you should quickly lead in with a short intro and then start with your thesis statement.
5) Separate ideas into multiple paragraphs. If there is only have one paragraph in the essay, 15% will be deducted.
6) If a post is missing any key aspects of the question prompt, like a specific example or a specific answer to a direct question, there may be up to a 10% deduction for each key aspect missed.
7) There needs to be a Works Cited section containing sources which are academically reputable and correctly formatted in either MLA or APA style.
8) When prompted to find another source besides the text, posts must include proper citation of the source. For websites, please include the link to the exact page the information came from so that your instructor can find your source easily.
9) The use of Wikipedia or other online encyclopedia, will result in a 10% deduction.
10) Plagiarism, or directly copying the wording from a source and trying to pass it off as your own words (cited or not), is not acceptable and will result in a zero on any assignment and a report of the incident to the administration. Continued instances of plagiarism could result in failing the course, being removed from the course, or possibly being dismissed from the institution.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more