Throughout the MSW curriculum, you have learned how to conduct biopsychosocial assessments. In this Week’s Assignment, you apply what you learned to a medical context where you share assessment and intervention with an interdisciplinary team. As the medical social worker charged with a client’s care, you consider the nature and progression of their illness and integrate the macro and micro issues that influence their experience. You also monitor the nature and progression of their illness or disability to ensure they have the supports and resources needed. By examining medical social work roles, responsibilities, scope of practice and practice skills, and ethics, you understand how the medical social work profession contributes to the health care system and patient care.
To Prepare: Choose one of the following biopsychosocial assessment tools to analyze for this assignment (Pick one of the three tools attached). Select the tool you might be most likely to use in your preferred healthcare work setting. (FYI: the case study is just any example of a case, but the assessment tool is being measured in the assignment).
Home Care Example: http://www.matrixhomecare.com/Forms/Medical%20Social%20Work%20Assessment.pdf
Nursing Home Example: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Downloads/Archive-Draft-of-the-MDS-30-Nursing-Home-Comprehensive-NC-Version-1140.pdf
In a 3-4 page paper:
· Assess the overall tool you selected to analyze for this assignment. In your assessment, explain whether you believe there are questions that were not addressed and why you think that may be important.
· Explain whether or not the assessment is strengths-based.
· Identify other professionals in healthcare who may have input into the assessment.
· Identify any sections of the assessment tool that are best completed by other healthcare professionals and explain why.
· Consider the implications of various professionals disagreeing over the assessment content and discuss how would you mitigate those challenges.
· Explain how psychosocial issues (including policy and legal issues) might impact the patient’s medical care and/or health outcomes and the role of the social worker in assessing and addressing those issues on an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Support your Assignment with specific references to resources, using appropriate APA format and style. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the resources for this course.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more