This assignment helps you apply your knowledge from this week’s modules and textbook readings.
Employers in the healthcare industry expect employees to be knowledgeable and confident when using technology during their daily routines.
Answer the questions below using the website Computer Basics: Inside a Computer.
1. List the 7 internal components in a computer.
d. Hard drive
e. Power supply
f. Expansion cards
g. Key board
2. Whatis a motherboard?
Motherboard is a printed circuit board.
3. Why is the CPU called “the brain of the computer”?
The cpu is called the brain of the computer because most of the mathematical manipulations that’s makes the computer operate are done by the cpu.
4. Video card is responsible for what you see on a computer monitor.
5. Sound card is responsible for what you hear in the speakers or headphones.
6. Thenetwork cardallows your computer to communicate over a network and access the Internet.
7. Bluetooth card is used in computers to communicate with wireless keyboards, mice, and printers.
8. What is RAM?
Short term memory
9. What is a hard drive?
Long term storage.
10. What is the difference between RAM and hard drive?
RAM is short term memory so when you cut your computer off it delete. Hard drive is long term storage so it save on your computer until you delete.
External Components of a Computer
Answer the questions below using the website Computer Basics: Basic Parts of a Computer.
11. What is a computer case?
A computer case is the plastic and metal box that contain the main components of the computer.
12. What is a monitor?
A monitor is peace of a computer hardware that display video and graphic information.
13. What is a mouse?
a mouse is a had operated input device used to manipulate objects on a computer.
Windows Operating System
Answer the questions below using this website Computer Basics: Understanding Operating Systems.
14. What does the operating system manage?
the operating system control every task your computer carries out and mange system resourse.
15. Listthe 2 most common operating systems for personal computers.
16. Listthe 2 most common operating systems for mobile devices.
Connecting to the Internet
Answer the questions below using the website Computer Basics: Getting Started with the Internet.
17. What is a website?
a location connected to the internet that maintains one or more pages on the world wide web.
18. What is a web browser?
The software application to search for reach and explore website.
19. What is a hyperlink?
A link from a hypertext file or document to another location or file.
20. Besides “surfing the web”, what else can you do on the internet?
On the internet besides surfing the web you can learn how to and how to make pretty much anything.
Reflect on what you have learned this week to help you respond to the question below. You may choose to respond in writing or by recording a video!
21. In your opinion, why do healthcare employers expect their employees to be knowledgeable and comfortable with technology?
Type answer here
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more