Write a 700- to 1,050-word journal entry in narrative style describing the role of nonverbal communications in your workplace. Refer to this week’s readings to inform your responses.
Describe three situations involving nonverbal communication that you observed or experienced between a manager and subordinate. Detail the following for each situation:
• The setting, such as a conversation, presentation, or meeting. Describe the relationship between the participants, such as the boss and subordinate, peers, speaker, and audience.
• The nonverbal communications you observed and whether they were congruent with the verbal conversation. Where incongruence occurred, how might the participants have provided effective feedback to prevent the situation from recurring?
• The function or functions of the non-verbal communication such as complementing, accenting, contradicting, repeating, regulating, or substituting. How did your non-verbal communication examples fulfill these functions?
• How unconventional language or word choice might have hindered the situations observed. Consider “shoptalk” and denotative versus connotative meanings.
• At least one listening technique the manager used. Was this an appropriate technique for this situation? Why or why not? What other effective listening techniques would you recommend for the manager in this situation?
Format your journal entry consistent with APA guidelines.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more