You and your learning community are a group of inter-related family and friends who immigrated to America from eastern Europe one year ago (late 19th/early 20th century). You have been pooling your resources to get ahead. The women, older children, and most of the men have found work, mostly in the factories, but life is difficult. What should you do to ameliorate your conditions and improve your situation?
In the initial post, put forward your best suggestion to improve your lot in life.
Discuss the merits of your ideas and others by responding to the ideas others are putting forward by making three comment posts (in response to others’ initial posts).
NOTE: You must provide specific and detailed historical evidence in your posts – cite as appropriate. Consider a full host of options not limited to: unions, political response, social responses, further migration, etc.
1. Remember what you have learned about thesis statements and evidence in the Historical Methods Portfolio. Your post should have a thesis statement and it should have both primary and secondary source evidence in support of the thesis
2. DO NOT QUOTE any primary or secondary sources. Paraphrase in your own words and then cite instead.
3. You must properly cite using the Turabian/Chicago style.
4. Primary sources – You may only use primary sources posted in the Blackboard course module OR found under the primary source section of each chapter in American Yawp (always the second to last section of a chapter); you may not utilize sources linked to in the reference section of American Yawp.
Theodore Roosevelt, “The New Nationalism” – Discussion of platform
Woodrow Wilson, “The New Freedom” – Discussion of platformStump Speeches
Roosevelt, “The Liberty of the People” – be sure to listen to the audio of the speech!!!
Debs, “The Monstrous System” of Capitalism
6. To cite a primary source found in the primary sources section of Yawp: Author Document, Name of Document in American Yawp, Chapter #, Section #
7. American Yawp, Chapter 19-20
Initial Post Requirements and Grading Guidelines
1. 250-500 words (the equivalent of 1/2 to 1 full page single spaced or 2-3 paragraphs)
2. Must contain strong thesis statement
3. Must utilize at least one assigned primary source and one secondary source- no outside sources allowed
4. Must utilize specific and detailed historical facts/examples in support of your main thesis
5. Must use Turabian/Chicago FOOTNOTEs
6. Graded upon historical accuracy, clarity, weight of evidence, historical context, logic of argument, and following instructions.
7. Graded upon grammar and mechanics
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more