Research Problem: Sprague, et al (2011) proposed that, in addition to the frustration-aggression model originally proposed by Dollard et al (1939), among low income male adolescents, feelings of hostility and perceived stress may be also related to aggressive behavior. To test this hypothesis, a random sample of fifty adolescent males attending Hillcrest High School in Queens (NY) were recruited to participate in the study. To assess their levels of frustration, stress and hostility, each student completed the Frustration Discomfort Scale (X1; Frust; Harrington, 2005) the Perceived Stress Scale (X2; PSS: Cohen, Kamarck, Mermelstein, 1983) and the Buss-Durkee Hostility Inventory (X3; BDHI; Buss & Durkee, 1957). In addition, for each student, the number of documented classroom aggressive behaviors (Y, Agress) occurring during the week following completion of the questionnaires, was provided by the high school’s Dean of Student’s Office. The data for the study is in the attached SPSS data file labelled “PSS_BDHI_Agress.sav”.
1) Write a null and alternative hypothesis which is specific to this research question.
2) Using the attached SPS data file conduct a Multiple Regression Analyses (MRA) to determine if feelings of Frustration, Stress, and Hostility are significantly related to aggression. Summarize the results in correct APA style. Use my sample summary as a model for your summary.
3) Conduct exploratory data analyses and a multiple regression analysis (MRA) in SPSS in which Aggression is the DV and Frust., PSS and DBHI are the IVs.
4) Be sure to state the goals of the study, the sample and method. Describe the variables, and the statistical model employed to test the research hypothesis that Frustration, Stress, and Hostility are significant predictors of aggression.
5) Determine of the data meets the assumptions for MRA
6) Report and interpret R2, R2adj, and 1-R2. Report and interpret the results for the F-test for the significance of R2. Report F, dfs, and the p-value for the significance of F in correct APA style
7) Based on the F test (above), do you conclude that Frust. PSS and BDHI account for a significant proportion of the variability in Aggression? Explain your answer
8) Report and interpret the results for the significance test for each unstandardized regression coefficient in correct APA style. And, report/interpret the semipartial correlation sry(1.2) and sry(1.2)2 for all predictor variables
9) Based on your analysis is the direct relationship between Frustration, PSS, BDHI and Aggression significant after controlling for the other variables in the model. Be sure to explain the impact of each predictor variable on aggression, include the nature of the relationships (positive or negative)P and the strength of the effect size sr2.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more