The Effectiveness of The Haven’s Services For Battered Women
Website for agency: www.valdostahaven.org
- Clearly state your planned site and the planned participants.
- Using the DHS DPP Form [DOCX] template, complete Section 1.1 of the DPP: Capstone Topic. Use the required details described in section 1.1.
- In paragraph format, state the topic of the capstone project and include the other details requested for section 1.1.
- Clearly state the objective of the capstone project (The objective of this project is …..).
- Clearly state the significance of the topic to Human Services.
- Using the DHS DPP Form [DOCX] template, complete Section 1.2 of the DPP: The Research Problem.
- Write a brief statement that fully describes the problem being addressed in the capstone project. The problem to be addressed should be explicitly stated, not implied. Existing literature and key findings should be summarized and used to support your rationale. Use at least five citations to support the assertions made in this section.
- FIRST PARAGRAPH: Write a brief statement that fully describes the problem being addressed. This paragraph introduces the problem that is informing the research and warrants the need for this study. Begin this paragraph with the statement, “The problem is….”
- SECOND PARAGRAPH: Identify the need for the study (which is related directly to the problem presented in the first paragraph). It must clearly identify a gap in current practice, service, process, policy, or programs. It must clearly identify the need for the research and the desired outcome.
- Use at least 10 sources to support the assertions and ideas presented in Section 1 of your DPP. Some of the references should be from journal sources and some should be more directly related to the planned site and local community in relation to the topic.
- Include the references at the end of section 1.2.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
VIEW SCORING GUIDE
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Outline a project to address an organizational problem or secure an opportunity for improvement within a human service setting.
- Identify a research topic that is appropriate for the specialization.
- Name a target population.
- Identify appropriately focused key concepts or phenomena.
- Identify clearly specified relationships between and among the concepts.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others consistent with expectation for members of the Human Services profession.
- Support main points, assertions, arguments, conclusions, or recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
- Use paraphrasing and summarization to represent ideas from external sources.
- Apply the standard writing conventions for the discipline, including structure, voice, person, and tone.