As a nurse in a healthcare organization, it has become evident that patient outcome data have been consistently declining in some patient care settings. Some of the outcomes under inspection include patient HAPI, (4% increase in the last 6 months) .
You have been asked to investigate contributing factors to the declining outcomes and participate with a team approach to developing an evidence-based practice project. As you started this exploration, you came across this article Aiken Article titled “The effects of nurse staffing and nurse education on patent deaths in hospital with different nurse work environment” , which served as a starting point for the assignment you have been given. You may need to secure some current articles to support you as you develop the clinical question. For example, you may want to retrieve peer review articles on patient HAPI.
1. Access the link to the Aiken article above and read the article. This article will provide some background information that links nurse-patient ratios to patient outcomes. The article is provided to get you started on the development of an evidence-based project (EBP).
2. Refer to the Iowa Model (available in the textbook) to serve as a guide in the development of the EBP project. Be sure to explain, in detail, how each step of the Iowa Model supports your project development.
3. Based on the information in the article, develop a PICO question to address the problem of a decline in patient outcomes.
4. Use the format below to develop the PICO:
5. Include additional articles as background information to provide information for the problem areas identified.
6. Discuss the influence of Scripture on the imperative for utilizing current evidence to deliver safe and quality patient care.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more