1. What is a typical day like for an entry-level professional in your organization/profession?
Typical day for an entry-level professional is to visit shift start with the local tradesman, hear what is going on in the field. Then review and submit open submittals from the Trade Contractors to the Architect. Throughout the day, this entry-level professional should do periodic walks of the site checking for safety and quality installations. Finally, this person should deal with problems as they arise in the field and address with the architect via RFI.
2. Tell me about how you made the decisions in your career path—why you chose this field, why you took positions and left positions.
I chose this field as I had a Civil Engineering degree and wanted in the field experience instead of additional higher education. I have been with Gilbane ever since I interned with them.
3. What do you like best about your occupation? What do you like least?
The thing I like the most is the custom aspect, where we are always working on something new or interesting. What I like the least is that each new project has a learning curve for many new TCs which can be a hassle to continually bring them up to speed.
4. What does your company/industry look for in the people they hire?
Self-sufficient, willing to take on new responsibility, leave their computer and walks the field regularly, etc.
5. What activities, classes or other parts of your college experience best prepared you for your career?
CPM Logic, but in general engineering as a whole was good and important as it provided me with problem-solving abilities. I don’t use formulas anymore, but I do approach problems with an engineering mindset.
6. What is the best decision you made as an undergraduate with respect to your professional life? Is there anything you would do differently?
Maintaining a wide network that allows me to discuss with others. If anything I would have studied a little harder in school just for the pride aspect.
7. What skills and experience are most impressive in your field?
Problem-solving, communication, keeping a level head
8. What media outlets (blogs, magazines, newspapers, Twitter feeds, etc.) should I be reading or watching to be in the loop in the industry? What organizations and online groups do you recommend I belong to?
9. What do you think is the future outlook for your industry? What kinds of changes are taking place in this type of work?
I think there will be heavy infrastructure replacement work and a large sector of building envelope renovations.
10. Would you be willing to review my résumé and offer your opinion and advice?
Assignment title, date, your name, class information, name of professor, name of the institution
Concisely and smoothly introduces the subject, purpose, and scope of the summary
Includes a short biography of your mentor, including his/her college major, career path and details of his or her current position
Concisely and smoothly previews the report’s organizational structure
Describes answers to the questions and does not draw conclusions or offer opinions
Interprets results based on descriptive data offered by the interviewee in the results section, draws clear, well-reasoned conclusions about:
What you learned
How you will use this information
How you will continue to network in your field
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more