As a member of the local school district’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) committee, you have been asked to create a presentation on STEM education to be used to build interest in expanding the STEM curriculum with the local school district and to seek funding from local business owners and taxpayers. You began a presentation and now need to add the content to the presentation.
Start PowerPoint. Download and open the file named Exp19_PPT_AppCapstone_Stem.pptx. Grader has automatically added your last name to the beginning of the filename. Download and extract the zip file named Exp19_PPT_AppCapstone_Stem_Assets.zip.
Change the theme colors to Aspect.
Change the theme fonts to Gill Sans MT.
On Slide 8, insert the Microscope.jpg in the left placeholder. Apply the Metal Oval
picture style. Change the Picture Border fill to Dark Gray, Background 2, Lighter 10%.
On Slide 10 in the left content placeholder, insert the ElementarySchool.jpg image. In the right content placeholder, insert the ElementarySchool2.jpg image.
Apply the Simple Frame, White picture style to both images. Change the Picture Border fill for both images to Dark Gray, Background 2, Lighter 10%.
On Slide 11 insert the MiddleSchool.jpg image. Make the following changes to
the inserted image:
• Crop the left side of the image so that most of the white area is removed.
• Change the Shape Height of the image to 5.2“.
• Apply the Simple Frame, White picture style.
• Change the Picture Border to Dark Gray, Background 2, Lighter 10%.
• Set the Horizontal position of the image to 3.6” and the Vertical position to 1.9“.
On Slide 12 insert the HSVideo.mp4 video file. Make the following changes to the
• Apply the Simple Frame, White video style.
• Change the Video Border to Dark Gray, Background 2, Lighter 10%.
• Set the video to start Automatically.
On Slide 4 insert the image WorldMap.jpg as a background image on the slide. Change the transparency to 40%.
On Slide 2 insert a Picture Caption List SmartArt graphic.
Add the following to the SmartArt graphic:
• Type Science in the first bullet point in the Text pane and then insert Science.jpg as the image
• Type Technology in the second bullet point and add then insert the Technology.jpg image.
• Type Engineering in the third bullet point and add the image Engineering.jpg.
• Type Math as the fourth bullet point and add the image Math.jpg.
Apply the Intense Effect SmartArt Style to the SmartArt graphic.
On Slide 6 convert the bulleted list to a Lined List SmartArt graphic and change the
colors to Colorful–Accent Colors.
On Slide 3 apply the Gradient Fill: Dark Purple, Accent color 5, Reflection WordArt style to the text Why Stem?
Make the following changes to the WordArt:
• Increase the font size to 96 pt.
• Change the Text Fill to Orange, Accent 1.
• Apply the Wave Up text effect in the Transform gallery (Mac users: Apply the Wave 2 text effect in the Transform gallery).
• Change the Shape Height to 2.8“.
On Slide 4, insert an Oval shape on the slide.
Make the following changes to the Oval shape:
• Change the Shape Height to 3.9” and the Shape Width to 3.9“.
• Type 40th in Mathematics in the shape, change the font color to Black, Background 1, and increase the font size to 36 pt.
• Change the Shape Fill to White, Text 1 and the Shape Outline to No Outline.
• Change the Transparency to 36%.
• Set the Horizontal position of the shape to 2” and the Vertical position to 2.5“.
Make a copy of the formatted oval shape and paste on the slide. Set the Horizontal position of
the new shape to 7” and the Vertical position to 2.5“. Highlight the text in the shape, and type
25th in Science.
On Slide 9 insert a table with 2 columns and 6 rows. In the table, merge the following:
Column 1 – Merge the cells in rows 1 and 2
Column 1 – Merge the cells in rows 3 and 4
Column 1 – Merge the cells in rows 5 and 6
Make the following changes to the table structure:
• Apply the No Style, Table Grid table style.
• Change the width of the first column to 2.8“.
• Change the width of the second column to to 8.2“.
Type the following information into the table:
Row 1: Col 1: Elementary School; Col 2: Focuses on introductory STEM courses and awareness of STEM occupations
Row 2: Col 2: Provides structured inquiry-based and real-world problem-based learning, connecting all four of the STEM subjects
Row 3: Col 1: Middle School; Col 2: Courses become more rigorous and challenging
Row 4: Col 2: Student exploration of STEM-related careers begins at this level
Row 5: Col 1: High School; Col 2: Focuses on the application of the subjects in a challenging and rigorous manner
Row 6: Col 2: Courses and pathways are now available in STEM fields and occupations
Set the height of the table to 4.8“. Apply Center and Center Vertically alignments to the first column of the table. Apply Center Vertically to the second column of the table.
In the table, apply the following shading:
•Red, Accent 2 to the cell with the text Elementary School
•Orange, Accent 1 to the cell with the text Middle School
•Dark Blue, Accent 3 to the cell with the text High School
On Slide 5 insert a Clustered Column chart. Replace the spreadsheet information with
the following information: Leaving cell A1 blank, type Percentage in cell B1. Populate cells A2:B7 with the following:
All Occupations 14%
Computer Systems Analysts 22%
Systems Software Developers 32%
Medical Scientists 36%
Biomedical Engineers 62%
Change the source data to use the range A1:B7.
Make the following changes to the chart:
• Remove the chart title, gridlines, legend, and vertical axis.
• Increase the font size of the x-axis (horizontal) to 16 pt.
• Add Outside End data labels and change the font size to 18 pt.
Click Slide 13 and use the Reuse Slides option to insert Slides 2–5 from Careers.pptx. Keep the source formatting of the original slides (inserted slides).
Start Excel. Open the downloaded file named StemData.xlsx and save it as StemData_LastFirst.xlsx. Copy the chart from the HarrisData worksheet and embed the chart using Paste Special on Slide 13.
Change the Shape Height to 4.8“. Set the Horizontal position to 1.4” and the Vertical position
On Slide 1 select the blue circle shape, press SHIFT, and then select the inserted icon. Group the shapes. Repeat for the three remaining shapes on the first slide to group each of the circle shapes with their associated icons.
On Slide 5 apply the Fly In animation (Entrance category) to the chart. Set the Effect Options Sequence to By Element in Category. Set the animation to start After Previous.
Delete Slide 7. Add slide numbers to all slides with the exception of the first slide. Apply the Split transition to all slides.
On Slide 1 type Welcome to our presentation on STEM education. (including the
period) as a speaker note.
Check the presentation for spelling errors, and correct any errors.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more