Questions and Concepts
STUDY NOTES – Include things like where you located this information in your textbook, comments that help you understand the element or concept
1. What are primary and secondary data sources?
2. What is the primary purpose of the health record?
3. What are some primary uses of the health record?
4. What are some secondary uses of the health record?
5. What are healthcare indexes? What is the purpose of each?
6. Who governs the health record?
7. What is data and information?
8. What is aggregate data?
9. What is abstracting?
10. What are the data quality characteristics? What does each of them mean?
11. What is a data set?
12. How do you calculate the length of stay?
13. How do you calculate the average length of stay?
14. How do you calculate the gross death rate?
15. How do you calculate the gross autopsy rate?
16. What is rate, ratio, and proportion?
17. How do you find the mode of a set of numbers?
18. How do you find the mean of a set of numbers?
19. How is a percentage calculated?
20. How do you calculate the incidence rate?
21. How do you calculate the bed occupancy rate?
22. What is a case-mix index?
23. What are the infections rates? How do you calculate them?
24. What is a sample size?
25. Describe the different types of sampling methods.
26. What is a hypothesis? What are the different types of hypothesis?
27. What is a variable?
28. What is a minimum data set?
29. What is a limited data set?
30. Describe the different types of anomalies.
31. What does IRB stand for and what does it do?
32. What are some methods of data collection?
33. What is normalization?
34. Describe the different types of research methods.
35. Describe the different types of observations when collecting data.
36. What is data governance?
37. What is information governance?
38. What is data management?
39. What are the IGPHC principles?
40. What is ANSI?
41. What is data stewardship?
42. What is a line chart?
43. What is a histogram?
44. What is a table?
45. What is a pictogram?
46. What is a bar chart?
47. What is a frequency polygon?
48. What is a classification system?
49. What is a clinical vocabulary?
50. What are the different data sets in healthcare and what are their purposes? Ex. UHDDS
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more