For this paper you are asked to show what you have learned so far about reading, interpreting, and writing about poetry. You will compare two poems, following the directions below for selecting the poems and writing the essay.
The subject of this essay is “the art of poetry.” You will select one poem from the Album “The Art of (Reading) Poetry,” which contains poems that are about what makes poetry and the experience of reading poetry special; you will also select a poem from the Album of Adrienne Rich’s poetry OR the Album of Pat Mora’s poetry. Your main task will be to support a claim about how the poem you chose from Rich or Mora compares with the ideas about what poetry is like in the poem you chose from “The Art of (Reading) Poetry.”
1) Read the following poems from the Album “The Art of (Reading) Poetry” (699-706 of Norton Anthology):Archibald Macleish, “Ars Poetica”
2) Read the poems in the Albums “The Author’s Work as Context: Adrienne Rich” (page 911) and “Pat Mora: An Album” (page 971).
3) Select one poem from “The Art of (Reading) Poetry” and one poem from “The Author’s Work as Context: Adrienne Rich” or “Pat Mora: An Album.” Choose two poems that you think will go well together.
4) Take notes about why you think the two poems go well together. In your notes, consider
5) Develop a main point, or a thesis statement, for your paper. This thesis should focus on how the poem by Rich or Mora that you chose compares with the ideas about what poetry is like in the poem you chose from “The Art of (Reading) Poetry.”
6) Develop supporting paragraphs that use analysis of specific quotations and details from the poem and explain those specific quotations and details. Review the lecture “The Essential Moves of Literary Analysis” within Topic 3: Writing about Literature. This lecture provides a paragraph structure that works well to keep your paragraphs focused and show how everything in the paragraph relates to your paragraph’s main claim.
Be sure to review the course materials we have studied about the conventions for writing about literature, and poetry specifically.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more