Lab #3 – Assessment Worksheet
Case Study on PCI DSS Noncompliance: CardSystems Solutions
Course Name and Number: _____________________________________________________ Student Name: ________________________________________________________________
Instructor Name: ______________________________________________________________
Lab Due Date: ________________________________________________________________
In this lab, you reviewed a real-world case study that involved a PCI DSS noncompliance
scenario, and you recommended mitigation remedies to prevent the loss of private data for
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Did CardSystems Solutions break any federal or state laws?
2. In June 2004, an external auditor certified CardSystems Solutions as Payment Card Industry Data
Security Standard-(PCI DSS-) compliant. What is your assessment of the auditor’s findings?
3. Can CardSystems Solutions sue the auditor for not performing his or her tasks and deliverables
with accuracy? Do you recommend that CardSystems Solutions pursue this avenue?
4. Who do you think is negligent in this case study and why?
5. Do the actions of CardSystems Solutions warrant an “unfair trade practice” designation as stated
by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)?
26| LAB #3 Case Study on PCI DSS Noncompliance: CardSystems Solutions
6. What security policies do you recommend to help with monitoring, enforcing, and ensuring PCI
7. What security controls and security countermeasures do you recommend for CardSystems
Solutions to be in compliance with PCI DSS requirements?
8. What was the end result of the attack and security breach to CardSystems Solutions and its
9. What are the possible consequences associated with the data loss?
10. Who do you think is ultimately responsible for CardSystems Solutions’ lack of PCI DSS
11. What should CardSystems Solutions have done to mitigate possible SQL injections and data
breaches on its credit card transaction-processing engine?
12. True or false: Although CardSystems Solutions had proper security controls and security
countermeasures, it was not 100 percent PCI DSS-compliant because the company failed to
properly implement ongoing monitoring and testing on its development and production systems.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more