1) Which of the following benefits is offered by sales promotion tools?
· They are typically an indirect form of soft-sell and hence, better received by customers.
· They allow buyers personal choices and encourage them to respond directly.
· They incorporate some concession, inducement, or contribution that gives value to the consumer.
2) When Starbucks introduced its Tazo Tea line to bring in new customers who had never gone to Starbucks because they don’t drink coffee, Starbucks was employing a ________ strategy.
3) ________ is an aggressive maneuver where the firm attacks first, perhaps with guerrilla action, across the market, keeping everyone off balance.
· Preemptive defense
· Flank defense
4) ________ is based on the premise that marketers can no longer use interruption marketing via mass media campaigns.
· Database marketing
5) Which of the following equations accurately describes the total number of exposures (E) of an advertising message through a given medium?
· E = reach * frequency
6) Total customer satisfaction is measured based on the relationship of
· expected value and total customer benefit
7) Which of the following statements correctly reflects a characteristic of public relations as a marketing communications tool?
· Public relations communications can be prepared to appeal to the addressed individual.
8) When dealing with a public relations crisis, a _____ can be a useful online tool to communicate with internal stakeholders.
· white site
9) Mountain Dew is a brand known for sponsorships of adventure events such as snowboarding and skateboarding competitions. What is the most likely objective of Mountain Dew’s sponsorship of these events?
· To entertain key clients or reward key employees
10) Selective price cuts, intense promotional blitzes, and occasional legal action are commonplace in the strategic design of
· an encirclement attack
11) When a consumer considers a product or service, he or she will choose whichever product or service delivers the highest
· customer equity
12) What function does a company’s public relations department perform when it promotes understanding of the organization through internal and external communications?
· Corporate communications
13) Under which of the following conditions is the frequency the most important factor in media selection?
· When there is high consumer resistance to the product
14) Which of the following circumstances are best suited for the use of personal selling?
· When there is minimal risk involved in buying or using the products
15) In order to help anticipate public relations crises it’s important to think about the possible events that could occur and the appropriate management response. This is often referred to as
· dreaming about the future
16) An insider trading crisis for an organization is what type of public relations crisis?
· Unintentional event
17) Rachel and Josh are on vacation in Hawaii. When they arrived at the hotel, they were offered chilled juice. Their check-in formalities were handled by the staff. When they entered their room, they saw that chocolates had been placed on the pillows and a flower arrangement on the table. The hotel’s actions are an example of
· a customer touch point
· customer value analysis
18) ________ is finding the most cost-effective media to deliver the desired number and type of exposures to the target audience.
· Media selection
19) BS Bikes has recently introduced a series of bikes called Surami. The core positioning of TBS Bikes is “speed”. Surami is a five-gear bike and, apart from speed, the company promises to include other features such as safety, good performance, and pollution control features. This describes the ________ of the bike.
20) Which of the following factors forms the basis of assessing sponsorship activities through supply-side methods?
· Impact on sponsor’s bottom line
21) Companies provide rewards to customers who buy often and in substantial amounts. These reward schemes are referred to as
· benefit programs
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more