1. Analyze the cost data in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx for the Costbusters Company. What percent of sales are represented by each category of cost for each product? What are the dollar costs for each cost of quality category, by product? How might this information be used to help define a Six Sigma project?
2. Prepare a pie chart showing the different quality cost categories and percentages for the Great Press Printing Company. See the data in the Excel workbook C03Data.xlsx. How might this information be used to help define a Six Sigma project?
4. Puragua Corporation makes water meters that are sold to contractors and municipal water departments. Analyze their quality costs, group them into the four standard quality cost categories, and prepare a Pareto chart showing the company’s quality costs that were incurred over the past year (use data
in the worksheet Prob03-04 in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx on the Student Companion website). How might this information be used to help define a Six Sigma project?
8. Cost of quality data are often expressed as indexes by dividing by some reference value, such as cost/sales dollar or cost/labor dollar. Compute a sales dollar base index for International Fabrica, Inc., to analyze the quality cost data in worksheet Prob.03-08 in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx on
the Student Companion website and prepare a memo to management.
9. Cost of quality data are often expressed as indexes by dividing by some reference value, such as cost/sales dollar or cost/labor dollar. Compute a labor cost base index for Loire Valley Wine Co. from data in the worksheet Prob03-09 in the Excel workbook Ch03Data.xlsx on the Student Companion website, and prepare a memo to management.
Problem 1 has two graphs “Percent of Quality by Product” and “Quality Costs by Cost Category”
Problem 2 has one graph (pie chart) “Great Press Printing Company % Quality Costs”
Problem 4 has two graphs ” Detail Pareto Chart” and “COQ – Pareto”
Problem 8 has one graph “Cost of Quality Index Graph”
Problem 9 has one graph “Cost of Quality”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more