Discussion: Competencies for Nurse Practitioners
The Consensus Model for APRN Regulation has brought about changes in the competencies for nurse practitioners. There are Core Competencies for all nurse practitioner populations and include both MSN and DNP degrees. Review your Learning Resources Page to examine the Core Competencies.
· Family/Across the Lifespan competencies
· Adult-Gerontology NP competencies
The major categories of family/across the lifespan competencies include the following: Scientific Foundation; Leadership; Quality; Practice Inquiry; Technology and Information Literacy; Policy; Health Delivery System; Ethics; and Independent Practice. In this Discussion, you explore the nine competencies, and their application to the clinical setting.
The adult-gerontology NP competencies are different and students in that specialty should become familiar with them.
· Review this week’s media presentation with Dr. Terry Buttaro in the Learning Resources. Review the Consensus Model for APRN Regulation and the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculties Core Competencies and population foci competencies.
· Consider the following nine competencies (Note: By Day 1 of this week, your Instructor will assign you to post on one of these nine competencies):
1. Scientific Foundation
4. Practice Inquiry
5. Technology and Information Literacy
7. Health Delivery System
9. Independent Practice
Reflect on the category that was assigned to you by the Course Instructor (Health Delivery System). Think about how you would implement this competency in a clinical setting. Consider evidence-based clinical practice.
Post a 1 page APA
1. brief description of the competency that was assigned to you (Health Delivery System).
2. With your competency in mind, explain how you would implement it in a clinical setting. Support your rationale with evidence from current research.
Buttaro, T. M., Trybulski, J., Polgar Bailey, P., & Sandberg-Cook, J. (2013). Primary care: A collaborative practice (4th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
This part explores factors that impact primary care, including collaborative practice, research, decision-making, patient population, cultural competence, and genetics. It also analyzes the roles of nurse practitioners in medical settings.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more