P 9-5 Stanislaw Corporation.
The only accounting record saved was the general ledger, from which the trial balance below was prepared.
Trial Balance March 31, 2011
Accts Recv 40000
Inventory 12/31/07 75000
Building and Equip 110000
Accumulated depreciation 41300
Other assets 3600
Accts Payable 23700
Other expense accruals 10200
Capital stock 100000
Retained earnings 52000
Other expenses 26600
Total 362200 362200
The following data and information have been gathered.
1. The fiscal year of the corporation ends on Dec 31.
2. An examination of the April bank statement and canceled checks revealed that checks written during the period April 1-15 totaled $13,000: $5,700 paid to accounts payable as of March 31, $3400 for April merchandise shipments, and $3900 paid for other expenses. Deposits during the same period amounted to $12,950, which consisted of receipts on account from customers with the exception of a $950 refund from a vendor for merchandise returned in April.
3. Correspondence with suppliers revealed unrecorded obligations at April 15 of $15,600 for April merchandise shipments, including $2300 for shipments in transit (f.o.b. shipping point) on that date. 4. Customers acknowledged indebtedness of $46,000 at April 15, 2011. It was also estimated that customers owed another $8000 that will never be acknowledged or recovered. Of the acknowledged indebtedness, $600 will probably be uncollectible.
5. The companies insuring the inventory agreed that the corporation’s fire-loss claim should be based on the assumption that the overall gross profit ratio for the past 2 years was in effect during the current year.
The corporation’s audited financial statements disclosed this information: Year Ended Dec 31, 2010 Net sales 530000
Net purchases 280000
Beginning inventory 50000
Ending inventory 75000
Year Ended Dec 31, 2009
Net sales 390000
Net purchases 235000
Beginning inventory 66000
Ending inventory 50000
6. Inventory with a cost of $7000 was salvaged and sold for $3500. The balance of the inventory was a total loss.
Prepare a schedule computing the amount of inventory fire loss. The supporting schedule of the computation of the gross profit should be in good form.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more