• Using the information provided below, complete Aspen Ridge limited
partnership’s page 1 of Form 1065; complete Schedule K on page 4 of
Form 1065; complete lines 1 and 2 of the Analysis of Net Income (Loss) at
the top of page 5 of Form 1065; and complete Schedules M-1 and M-2 at
the bottom of page 5 of Form 1065. Finally, complete Mark Sullivan’s
• Form 4562 for depreciation is not required. Include any tax depreciation or
Section 179 expense on the appropriate line of page 1 of Form 1065 or
• If any information is missing, use reasonable assumptions to fill in any
• The forms, schedules, and instructions can be found at the IRS Web
site (www.irs.gov). The instructions can be helpful in completing
The Aspen Ridge limited partnership was formed on April 1, 2009, by Mark Sullivan,
its general partner, and two other limited partners when they each contributed
an equal amount of cash to start the new enterprise. Aspen Ridge is an outdoor
equipment retailer selling camping, fi shing, skiing, and other outdoor gear to the
general public. Mark has a 33.33% profi ts and capital interest and the limited partners
hold the remaining 66.66% of the profi ts and capital interests. Their profi ts and
capital interests have remained unchanged since the partnership was formed. Mark
is actively involved in managing the business while the limited partners are simply
• Aspen Ridge is located at 1065 North 365 South, Ogden, UT, 84401.
• The employer identification number for Aspen Ridge is 85-8976654.
• Aspen Ridge uses the accrual method of accounting and has a calendar
• Mark’s address is 543 Wander Lane, Holliday, UT 84503.
The following is Aspen Ridge’s 2011 income statement for books:
Aspen Ridge Income Statement
For year ending December 31, 2011
Sales Returns and Allowances (9,700)
Cost of Goods Sold (538,200)
Gross Profit from Operations 417,600
Interest from money market account 3,200
Gain from sale of photograph 34,000
Gross Income 454,800
C-20 Appendix C
1. Aspen Ridge has total assets of $1,725,800 and total liabilities of $540,300 at
the beginning of the year and total assets of $2,065,300 and total liabilities of
$806,640 at the end of the year.
2. Partnership liabilities consist of accounts payable, and Mark, as general partner,
is legally responsible for paying these liabilities if the partnership does not.
3. Two years ago, Aspen Ridge purchased an original Ansel Adams outdoor landscape
photograph with the intent to display it permanently in the retail store.
This year, however, the photograph was sold to a local ski lodge where it is now
hangs on the wall. The $34,000 recognized gain from the sale is reflected in the
income statement above.
4. For tax purposes, Aspen Ridge has consistently elected under Section 179 to
expense any furniture or fixtures purchased every year since it was formed.
As a result, it does not have a tax basis in any of its depreciable assets. This year,
Aspen Ridge expensed $17,300 of signs and display cases for tax purposes.
5. On November 20th, Aspen Ridge distributed $180,000 ($60,000 per partner) to
6. Miscellaneous expenses include a $900 fine for violating a local signage ordinance.
7. Aspen Ridge maintains its books using generally accepted accounting
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more