Required Textbook: Dempsey, J. & Forst, L (2012). Police. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar. (ISBN: 9781133016656). You may use other sources and use APA formatting. No plagiarism please.
1. What was English policing and how did it affect our American system of policing?
2. What was the Colonial experiences in policing?
3. Explain the U.S. public/private security industry in America.
4. List and discuss the work of the four major US department agencies the major function of each.
5. Describe method of organizing police departments by personnel; by area; by time; by function or purpose and by territory.
6. What is the difference between sworn officers and non-sworn officers?
7. What are the standards in the police selection process?
8. Define and explain the job analysis.
9. What is the police selection process?
10. What are the characteristics of good police officers?
11. What is the department looking for during a background investigation and why? What area of the person’s life is investigated?
12. Why is the role of the police considered ambiguous and by whom?
13. What is the difference between police role and police style?
14. What is meant by discretion; police discretion?
15. In what ways is discretion exercised? Why?
More to come…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more