CMIS-420 Homework #3
In this assignment you will be performing some additional queries against your Online Vehicle Sales (OVS), Inc. online transaction processing (OLTP) database and also creating two simple PL/SQL user-defined functions and a simple PL/SQL stored procedure.
This assignment is based on the fully populated tables from Project #1 so it assumes you’ve completed all work for that assignment.
You can perform this assignment based on a database on Nova or any other Oracle system you wish, but you must use the Oracle RDBMS.
You should use one or more SQL script files to complete this assignment. Your script files should contain all your SQL and PL/SQL code. Do NOT submit your SQL script files. Doing so may result in confusion and will result in lost points.
Everything for this assignment must be in a single file. If you are using SQL*Plus you must put all your SQL, PL/SQL, and results together in a single SPOOL file. If you are using SQL Developer or other GUI, put all your screen snapshots in a single file for both your SQL statements and PL/SQL as they executed and the results. Failure to include all your SQL, PL/SQL, and all your results along with them will result in lost points.
Do NOT submit additional files as this only complicates the grading, and will result in lost points.
Here are the specific assignment steps. In order to earn full credit you must keep your steps in order, number your steps, and put everything in a single file.
1) Execute SELECT COUNT(*) FROM <table_name>; statements for all 6 of your OVS, Inc. OLTP tables. You should have at least the following counts: CUSTOMERS table – 100 rows, VEHICLES table – 50 rows, SALESPERSONS table – 10 rows, FINANCING_PLANS – 5 rows, SALES table – 200 rows, and SALES_FINANCINGS table – 200 rows.
2) Via a single SELECT query display the sale ID and plan ID of all sales in the last 30 days, sorted by sale ID. Show the SQL statement you used and the results returned by Oracle from executing your SQL statement right after the statement.
3) Via a single SELECT query display the zip code, make, and count with the largest total car purchases (there may be a tie with two or more). Show the SQL statement you used and the results returned by Oracle from executing your SQL statement right after the statement.
4) Develop a PL/SQL user-defined function ZIP_CODE_SALES that returns the total sales for a zip code when the zip code is supplied as an input parameter. You may use any of your zip codes you wish. Show the PL/SQL statements in your function, the execution of your function, and the results returned.
5) Develop a PL/SQL user-defined function ZIP_CODE_SALES_WINNER that returns the zip code with the largest total car purchases. Since there can be a tie with two or more zip codes, ensure that the lowest numeric zip code is returned. Your returned value should match the results of Step #3 above. Show the PL/SQL statements in your function, the execution of your function, and the results returned.
6) Develop a PL/SQL stored procedure ZIP_CODE_MAKE_SALES_WINNER that returns the zip code and make with the largest total car purchases. Since there can be a tie with two or more zip codes and makes, ensure that the lowest combined numeric zip code and character make combination is returned. Your returned value should match the results of Step #3 above. Show the PL/SQL statements in your stored procedure, the execution of your stored procedure, and the results returned.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more