This quiz tests your understanding of the two assigned books, “Drive” and “First Break All the Rules.” Respond to each question completely. If I ask you to defend a position, I expect you to see your opinion.
If your response is based solely on these two books, you do not need to cite a source. If you chose to use external references to support your argument, e.g., the Internet, remember to cite the sources properly.
1. What does the Encarta versus Wikipedia story tell you?
2. What did we learn from the Lepper and Green study of children at play? (Hint: expected, not expected, no reward.)
3. What was the learning point from the Dan Ariely’s study in Madurai, India? Hint: (Respondents played several games earning the sum of four, 40, or 400 rupees.
4. Some argue that companies that spend the most time concentrating on quarterly earnings deliver significantly lower long-term profits? Do you agree? Defend your answer?
5. What was the author’s belief about contingent (do this and get this) rewards?
First Break All the Rules
1. The authors claim that the relationship with the immediate supervisor is the most important? Do you agree? Defend your answer.
2. Do you agree that you can treat all employees the same? Defend your answer.
3. Some argue that “the only way to generate enduring profits is to cultivate an environment that attracts, focuses, and retains talented people.” Do you agree with this statement? Defend your position.
4. Scientific Management Theory and some authors will tell you that there is “one best way” to perform every role. With time and study, you can find that “one best way” and teach it to everyone. Do you concur? Defend your answer.
5. The authors claim that the cause of non-performance may be the manager—tripping the wrong trigger, e.g., trying to motivate a non-competitive person with contests or a shy person with public recognition. Do you concur? Defend your answer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more