1. Identify some terms from Chapters 3 and 4 of Herling that seemingly reflect a European, American, and/or Christian-centric bias. How do they do so, and why?
2. At this point, what is your view on the quest to discover a singular essence of a religious tradition, or religion in general? Make sure to explain your answer in light of course materials.
3. Identify and discuss specific examples of patriarchal values and structures in the religious traditions you have studied. How do these contribute to defined social and religious roles based on gender?
4. Identify, describe, and discuss specific examples of the regulation (or celebration) of the body and sexuality in religious scriptures, beliefs, or practices.
5. Identify, describe, and discuss examples of religion’s role in constructing our ideas about race and ethnicity—instances where it promotes hierarchy and differences, or aims to overcome and transcend difference.
6. According to Herling, what is the relationship between religion and globalization? How has globalizations affected religious communities, and vice versa?
7. Discuss several new religious movements. Who belongs to these movements, and why?
8. What are some of the most commonly cited instances of the link between religion and violence? How direct is this link? What other factors might be at work in these cases?
9. What are some examples of the interplay between science and religion, ranging from opposition to synthesis?
a beginner’s guide to the Study of Religion second edition by Bradley L. Herling
Religion the basics second edition by Malory Nye
A Critical Introduction to The Study Of Religion second edition by Craig Maring
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more