In Weeks 3, 4, and 5, you were introduced to the concepts of schemas, super-ordinate goals, role vs. dispositions, and the differences between traditional and modern prejudice and discrimination as well as the concept of micro-aggressions.
As an exercise in application, this paper will involve a content analysis of the film Remember the Titans. The film can be rented in DVD or streamed in its entirety on YouTube or another streaming site of your choice.
We typically watch movies for entertainment, but for this assignment, you must watch this movie and think critically about how the concepts listed above are reflected in the situations the characters are involved in. This paper is designed to test your understanding of these concepts and to determine if you are able to recognize and explain these dynamics when you see them played out in this film. Keep in mind that this film is based on a true story that took place in Virginia.
Your paper must be typed, double-spaced, using a size 12 font and be free of spelling errors. You must write in full and complete sentences (i.e., do not use bullet points, lists, or outlines).
Your paper must be written in your own words. Do not copy and paste text from other sources, as this is a violation of academic honesty.
There are five questions you must answer. Address each of the five essay questions in the order presented, making certain to number each response in relation to the question you are addressing. Please make certain to begin each question on a new line of text and do not copy and paste the question into the body of your paper.
Concepts to Apply
· Week 3: Automatic vs. critical thinking and schemas
· Week 4: Super-ordinate goals, modern vs. traditional prejudice and discrimination, and micro-aggressions
· Week 5: Role vs. disposition theory
Please number each question and begin each on a new line of text.
1. In your own words, briefly define what is meant by the term super-ordinate goals. Next, identify and provide at least one example of a super-ordinate goal that was demonstrated in the movie. Provide a specific situations/scenes from the film to support your response.
2. Describe the racial schemas the Titan team members had toward one another when they first came together. Next, explain how their schemas changed over the course of the movie and how the characters changed from automatic to critical thinking. Provide at least one, specific example from the movie to support your response.
3. Explain the difference between traditional and modern forms of prejudice and discrimination and provide at least one example of each from the film to support your response. Please be specific in explaining the situations and characters involved.
4. In the film, both coaches had daughters – Sheryl (white) and Nicky (black). Through the course of the movie, the little girls did not get along with one another. Please explain if their dislike for one another was based on their roles or dispositions and why you believe this to be the case. Provide at least one specific example from the movie involving their interaction to support your response.
5. Define the term “micro-aggressions” and provide at least one example from the film that reflected this dynamic. Be certain to describe the specific scene, the characters involved, and what was said, explaining why you believe this to be a good example of a micro-aggression.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more