For assessment 3, students are expected to do research about Courts (https://www.courts.com.sg/corporate-information#about-courts/ (Links to an external site.)) and analyse the company’s retail service quality. The students should perform comprehensive research on the selected retailer to find out more information about the company’s logistics’ performance in this field.
Important note: The whole report must be about the selected retailer.
You will work on Courts and develop your analysis based on the instruction provided below.
This assessment tasks allows you to apply the concepts, principles and relevant techniques that are the basis of this course’s educational content. You should refer back to the course content as well as read relevant sources such as textbook, research articles and course notes. You need to collect data/information using multiple appropriate sources and develop an understanding of the nature and structure of the associated retail chain. The industry research report format is provided as a guide, but students should be able to adapt it to suit any academic paper writing situation.
The report will be evaluated based on the following outline: Please refer to the assessment rubric for more details.
The executive summary is a stand-alone section, which summarises the background, objectives/aims, issues/problems and recommendations of your report. The executive summary can only be written of course, after you have finalised the report.
Description of retail services/products and the company. Here you can discuss the essential points about the company/organisation and the importance of investigating the particular services/product supply chain. The introduction should include the aim and scope of the report.
A comprehensive literature review base on at least 10 (TEN) resources that can be a mixture of academic and/or non-academic sources is required to:
1. Identify the gaps/problems/issues/challenges in the particular retailer and its supply chain;
2. Explain the selected retail supply chain structure; location and layout of the store(s) or retail outlet(s); products/services offered and other areas as you see fit;
3. Outline the core competence of the selected retailer in the competitive market;
4. Show detailed ‘Information Flows’ in the selected retail supply chain;
5. Describe the procurement activities and logistics services;
6. Describe the processes for the transportation/warehousing/distribution of goods and so on.
Also, according to your research and the theories taught in class, address the following issues:
7. Discuss the relationship between the selected retailer’s location strategies and its customers;
8. Consider the gaps/problems/issues/challenges that you have found in the literature and determine if your selected company is facing (or will face) similar issues. In this case, it is required to discuss them. Examples could include: the uncertainty of demand/supply; lack of market research; unreliable consumer behaviour; poor value chain; competitive analysis; etc;
9. Discuss whether the organisation employs omnichannel or multichannel;
10. Discuss the role of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in the selected retailer’s merchandise management;
11. Discuss the current/recommended Coparte social responsibility (CSR) activities in selected retail business towards sustainable development;
12. Discuss and compare the selected retailer’s supply chain, its return and refund policy, its consumers, its suppliers, and its financial performance before and after COVID-19 outbreak;
13. Discuss the consumers’ panic during the current pandemic which resulted in ‘quantity assurance’ more than ‘quality assurance’ practices;
14. Provide recommendations on how best possible solutions can be incorporated into the selected retailer in order to overcome the current and prevent the potential risks/problems/issues.
The conclusion ‘wraps up’ by summarising the gaps identified and how you resolved them. Discuss the lessons learnt from this industry research report developed in relation to the concepts learnt from lectures. Suggest any limitations of this research work.
Updated Table of Contents provided with no errors and proper names for each heading. The document should be extremely neat and professional looking. Instructions for the content should have been followed exactly. The reader of this document should be able to view it as extremely professional. English should be at an excellent level for HD.
Topics should properly be presented, clear explanation on analysis and outcome is needed. Showing understanding of what was utilised from the case or reference paper and how the analysis was done are required.
Sample Research Paper:
Example of Reliable and Valid Resources:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more