In 2000 words, describe the following:
1. Describe the options in the sentencing process.
2. Describe how a judge determines an appropriate sentence.
3. Discuss the different types of punishment offenders receive.
4. Assess what happens if a criminal offender is dissatisfied with the outcome of a trial.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance
Please see the reading materials
1. Read “Sentencing and Punishment” by Easton & Piper from Criminal Law Forum (2007).
2. Read “Understanding Judicial Hierarchy: Reversals and the Behavior of Intermediate Appellate Judges” by Scott from Law & Society Review (2006).
3. Read “Pretrial Detention Choices and Federal Sentencing,” by Oleson, VanNosrand, Lowenkamp, Cadigan, & Wooldredge from Federal Probation (2014).
4. Read “Federal Sentencing: Time for a Second Look?” by Gardephe from Litigation (2017).
5. Read “To Kill (or Imprison for Life) a Juvenile: The Proper Exercise of Judicial Discretion for Sentencing a Juvenile Offender,” by Board from Children’s Rights Litigation (2017).
6. Read “The Art of Evaluating an Appeal: 10 Hard-Learned Tips,” by Walbolt from Criminal Litigation (2017).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more