The purpose of a policy analysis is to provide advice to a decision maker regarding a specific course of action on a public policy decision. For this assignment, conduct a critical analysis of an existing policy of your choice, either at the local, state, or federal level. Develop a short, written policy analysis (1,000 to 1,250 words) related to a public health issue of your choice. Refer to the resource “Guidelines for Preparing a Brief Policy Analysis” when preparing this assignment, and include the following in the policy analysis:
1. Problem Statement: A problem statement should be a clear and concise question that identifies the public health problem addressed in the analysis. The problem statement should be one or two sentences maximum.
2. Background of the Problem: This section should include factual information and evidence necessary to understand the public health problem, describe why the public health problem is important, and explain why the issue needs attention.
3. Landscape of the Problem: This section provides the overall context for the analysis by identifying key stakeholders and the factors that must be considered when analyzing the problem. Include both of the following: a) key stakeholders (should identify the specific key stakeholders relevant to the policy analysis), and b) key factors (should provide the overall context of the issue, including political, economic, practical/feasibility, and legal/ethical factors)
4. Available Options for Action: This section should provide an analysis of 3-5 options for a policy course of action, including the benefits and drawbacks of each course of action. Discuss the evidence and ethical implications of each option.
5. Recommendation: This section should describe one of the previously described options as the recommendation. Clearly identify which option is being recommended and why it was selected over the other options. Describe why it is the best option despite potential drawbacks, and address ways to reduce negative aspects of the recommendation. Describe the potential this policy recommendation could have for public health or health equity.
Incorporate at least five scholarly sources into your health policy analysis.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
Masters of Public Health
4.1: Discuss multiple dimensions of the policy-making process, including the roles of ethics and evidence.
4.4: Evaluate policies for their impact on public health and health equity.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more