PR 9-6B Sales and notes receivable transactions
The following were selected from among the transactions completed during the current year by Danix Co., an appliance wholesale company:
Jan. 21. Sold merchandise on account to Black Tie Co., $28,000. The cost of merchandise sold was $16,800.
Mar. 18. Accepted a 60-day, 6% note for $28,000 from Black Tie Co. on account.
May 17. Received from Black Tie Co. the amount due on the note of March 18.
June 15. Sold merchandise on account to Pioneer Co. for $17,700. The cost of merchandise sold was $10,600.
21. Loaned $18,000 cash to JR Stutts, receiving a 30-day, 8% note.
25. Received from Pioneer Co. the amount due on the invoice of June 15, less 1% discount.
July 21. Received the interest due from JR Stutts and a new 60-day, 9% note as a renewal of the loan of June 21. (Record both the debit and the credit to the notes receivable account.)
Sept. 19. Received from JR Stutts the amount due on her note of July 21.
22. Sold merchandise on account to Wycoff Co., $20,000. The cost of merchandise sold was $12,000.
Oct. 14. Accepted a 30-day, 6% note for $20,000 from Wycoff Co. on account.
Nov. 13. Wycoff Co. dishonored the note dated October 14.
Dec. 28. Received from Wycoff Co. the amount owed on the dishonored note, plus interest for 45 days at 8% computed on the maturity value of the note.
Journalize the entries to record the transactions.
Gen-X Ads Co. produces advertising videos. During the current fiscal year, Gen-X Ads Co. received the following notes:
1. Determine for each note (a) the due date and (b) the amount of interest due at maturity, identifying each note by number.
2. Journalize the entry to record the dishonor of Note (3) on its due date
3. Journalize the adjusting entry to record the accrued interest on Notes (5) and (6) on December 31.
4. Journalize the entries to record the receipt of the amounts due on Notes (5) and (6) in January and February.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more