Assignment should be of 2,000 words.
Guidelines for Literature Critiques
Students must submit a critique of the following academic articledeemed to be seminal to their main area of research. Details about the format, structure and assessment criteria for the critique are presented below.
Towards a Positive Theory of the Determination of Accounting Standards
Author(s): Ross L. Watts and Jerold L. Zimmerman
Source: The Accounting Review, Vol. 53, No. 1 (Jan., 1978), pp. 112-134Published by: American Accounting Association
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/245729
FORMAT: 2000 words (maximum)
The critique submission should be typed. Work should be double-spaced with a 2.4cm margin on all sides. Use only one side of each sheet of paper.
While there is room for being innovative, most critiques should include the following:
• Cover Page
• Introduction: Introducing the topic, stating the aims of the critique, outlining the main argument to be presented and an overview of the paper and the structure of the paper to follow.
• Summary of the Article: Focusing on its main argument, including its aims, its overall findings and its theoretical arguments and contribution.
• Research Question: Identifying the article’s research question(s) or hypotheses and discussing its value, explaining whether and how it flowed from the literature review.
• Theoretical Framework: Identifying and discussing the theoretical framework or theoretical substance of the paper leading to the research element.
• The Significance and Limitations of the Article: Use the literature to discuss the limitations of the theory and methodology used. Does the author acknowledge these limitations? Does the author draw theoretical conclusions from the research that are justified by the methodology? How do these limitations affect the significance of the article and the contribution it makes to the discipline, particularly the findings set against the research method?
• Conclusions: Summarising the main points and drawing implications of your critique.
Identification and discussion of the theory and concepts relevant to the selected article
Analysis and demonstrated level of understanding of key issues and theory presented in the article
Identification and analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the article leading to conclusive identification of the article’s contribution to research area
Logical sequence of the development and quality of the presentation of the critique
Note: For your own protection and peace of mind, ensure that you keep a copy of any assessment items that you submit. Also be very mindful that plagiarism is regarded very seriously and students who plagiarise risk failure. Plagiarism is the act of taking and using another’s work as one’s own.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more