Criteria for answers:
1) Direct reference to the chapter’s laws/regulations (Employment Laws, Case Law, Statutes)
2) Direct reference to the chapter’s concepts (discrimination, ethics, social responsibility)
3) Quotes from the text.
4) Personal opinions based on an analysis of the above. 5) Each answer should be a paragraph (or a minimum of 5-7 sentences long)
1. Read this week’s ethical dilemma. What would you do? (pg 182)
2. What role does the performance appraisal play in employee engagement?
3. Is there a case to be made to do away with traditional appraisals? Discuss.
4. Discuss the pros and cons of 360-degree feedback programs
5. “According to a British source, one in eight managers would actually prefer to visit the dentist than carry out a performance appraisal.” Discuss.
6. Why do employees often feel that appraisals “highlight all the bad things they did all year?”
7. Some companies distinguish between past performance and future potential by using different assessment tools. Does this sound like a good idea?
8. Some companies distinguish between past performance and future potential by using different assessment tools. Does this sound like a good idea?
9. Often managers manipulate the appraisals as a means to pay people more, what does this say about the integrity of the process, and the liability of continuing to employee a marginal employee?
10. What are some of the potential problems inherent in an appraisal system? How can these be overcome?
11. What are some of the flaws of ranking systems?
12. What can employees do to prepare for a performance evaluation? What is their role in the process?
13. What are some of the legal considerations to take into account when conducting a performance appraisal?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more