Complete the following problem in your textbook:
From Chapter 10: Problems: 2, 4, 17, and 18
From Chapter 11: Problems: 3, 7 and 27
From Chapter 12: Problems: 6, 10 and 21
All work should be submitted in Excel with one (1) problem per tab in a single workbook. Formulas should be used as opposed to outside or manual calculations. Use of Excel add-ins is encouraged.
2. “Use the Excel file Banking Data. Construct a boxplot for the Median Income, Median Home Value, Median Household Wealth, and Average Bank Balance. What observations can you make about these data?”
4. “Construct a scatterplot matrix for Median Income, Median Home Value, Median Household Wealth, and Average Bank Balance in the Excel file Banking Data. What conclusions can you reach?”
17. “The Excel file Credit Risk Data provides a database of information about loan applications along with a classification of credit risk in column L. Convert the categorical data into numerical codes as appropriate. Sample 200 records from the data set. Then apply discriminant analysis to classify training and validation data sets and the new data in the file. Summarize your findings.”
18. “The Excel file Credit Risk Data provides a database of information about loan applications, along with a classification of credit risk in column L. Convert the categorical data into numerical codes as appropriate. Then apply logistic regression to classify training and validation data sets and the new data in the file. Summarize your findings.”
3. “Develop a spreadsheet model to determine how much a person or a couple can afford to spend on a house.7 Lender guidelines suggest that the allowable monthly housing expenditure should be no more than 28% of monthly gross income. From this, you must subtract total nonmortgage housing expenses, which would include insurance and property taxes and any other additional expenses. This defines the affordable monthly mortgage payment. In addition, guidelines also suggest that total affordable monthly debt payments, including housing expenses, should not exceed 36% of gross monthly income. This is calculated by subtracting total nonmortgage housing expenses and any other installment debt, such as car loans, student loans, credit-card debt, and so on, from 36% of total monthly gross income. The smaller of the affordable monthly mortgage payment and the total affordable monthly debt payments is the affordable monthly mortgage. To calculate the maximum that can be borrowed, find the monthly payment per $1,000 mortgage based on the current interest rate and duration of the loan. Divide the affordable monthly mortgage amount by this monthly payment to find the affordable mortgage. Assuming a 20% down payment, the maximum price of a house would be the affordable mortgage divided by 0.8. Use the following data to test your model: total monthly gross income = $6,500; nonmortgage housing expenses = $350; monthly installment debt = $500; monthly payment per $1,000 mortgage = $7.25.”
7. “A garage band wants to hold a concert. The expected crowd is 3,000. The average expenditure on concessions is $15. Tickets sell for $10 each, and the band’s profit is 80% of the gate and concession sales, minus a fixed cost of $12,000. Develop a general mathematical model and implement it on a spreadsheet to find their expected profit.”
27. “The weekly price at an extended-stay hotel (renting by the week for business travelers) is $950. Operating costs average $20,000 per week, regardless of the number of rooms rented. Construct a spreadsheet model to determine the profit if 40 rooms are rented. The manager has observed that the number of rooms rented during any given week varies between 32 and 50 (the total number of rooms available). Use data tables to evaluate the profit for this range of unit rentals. Suppose the manager is considering lowering or increasing the weekly price by $100. How will profit be affected?”
6. “Use Analytic Solver Platform to simulate the Outsourcing Decision Model under the assumptions that the production volume will be triangular with a minimum of 800, maximum of 1,700, and most likely value of 1,400, and that the unit supplier cost is normally distributed with a mean of $175 and a standard deviation of $12. Find the probability that outsourcing will result in the best decision.”
10. “Use Analytic Solver Platform to simulate the Outsourcing Decision Model under the assumptions that the production volume will be triangular with a minimum of 800, maximum of 1,700, and most likely value of 1,400, and that the unit supplier cost is normally distributed with a mean of $175 and a standard deviation of $12. Find the probability that outsourcing will result in the best decision.”
21. “Develop a simulation model for a 3-year financial analysis of total profit based on the following data and information. Sales volume in the first year is estimated to be 100,000 units and is projected to grow at a rate that is normally distributed with a mean of 7% per year and a standard deviation of 4%. The selling price is $10, and the price increase is normally distributed with a mean of $0.50 and standard deviation of $0.05 each year. Per-unit variable costs are $3, and annual fixed costs are $200,000. Per-unit costs are expected to increase by an amount normally distributed with a mean of 5% per year and standard deviation of 2%. Fixed costs are expected to increase following a normal distribution with a mean of 10% per year and standard deviation of 3%. Based on 10,000 simulation trials, find the average 3-year cumulative average. Generate and explain a trend chart showing net profit by year.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more