The United Nations (UN) has hired you as a consultant, and your task is to assess the impact that global warming is expected to have on population growth and the ability of societies in the developing world to ensure the adequate security of their food supplies.
As the world’s population nears 10 billion by 2050, the effects of global warming are stripping some natural resources from the environment. As they diminish in number, developing countries will face mounting obstacles to improving the livelihoods of their citizens and stabilizing their access to enough food. The reason these governments are struggling even now is that our climate influences their economic health and the consequent diminishing living standards of their peoples. Climate changes are responsible for the current loss of biodiversity as well as the physical access to some critical farming regions. As such, these changes in global weather patterns diminish agricultural output and the distribution of food to local and international markets. These difficulties will become even more significant for these countries as the Earth’s climate changes for the worse. Temperatures are already increasing incrementally, and polar ice caps are melting, so the salient question is: what does this suggest for developing societies?
The issue before the developing world is not its lack of food, but rather how to gain access to food. Simply put, changes in our climate are affecting the global food chain, and hence, the living standards of entire populations. Added to this is the fact that food is not getting to where it is needed in time to prevent hunger or starvation. In many developing countries, shortages are due to governments’ control over distribution networks rather than an insufficient supply of food itself. In effect, these governments are weaponizing food by favoring certain ethnic or religious groups over others. When added to dramatic climate changes that we are experiencing even now, the future for billions of poor people looks increasingly dim.
You are to write a minimum of a 5-page persuasive paper for the UN that addresses the following questions about the relationship between atmospheric weather patterns and food security in the developing world:
PROFESSOR’S ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED): 1) Include a Title page with the following information (Title of Assignment, Student’s Full Name, Strayer University, Date of Submission, Professor’s name: Dr. G. Royal-Smith).
2) The body of your paper (written content) must contain properly cited intext citations using SWS guidelines.
3) This assignment must contain a page of properly cited references sources titled as the Reference page.
4) This paper must be submitted to the SafeAssign Plagiarism Program via BlackBoard. Papers that are not submitted, cannot be opened for grading, or cannot be read in SafeAssign due to incompatibility with the SA program may receive a zero score. It is the student’s responsibility to submit a GRADE READY paper and to make sure that the paper is BlackBoard compatible.
5) Week 6 Assignment Papers must be submitted on time. Once the assignment area closes, it will remain closed. Late Papers may be penalized according to Strayer University and SOC 450 Late Assignment policies.
6) Assignments must be the original work of students utilizing credible and properly cited sources. Students will be notified of very high similarity scores or other irregularities contained in the submitted assignment. Assignment papers that are deemed to be plagiarized will be further evaluated by Dr. Royal-Smith and the Office of Student Affairs (Academic Integrity). If plagiarism is substantiated, the Office of Student Affairs will provide recommendations including (but not limited to) a failing grade for the assignment or other actions.
7) Please take this assignment seriously, follow ALL instructions, guidelines and additional instructions. The assignment will require planned time management for research and drafting.
8) I will provide more detailed information and writing aids over the next few weeks. It is important to begin work on this assignment immediately as this assignment is quite time consuming. If you have questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more