The final paper will demonstrate the students’ ability to assimilate, synthesize, and apply the concepts of management information systems; specifically systems analysis, system design, system development, and systems maintenance. The video case is a factual presentation of McGraw-Hill/Irwin’s PRIMIS Information System.
Focus of the Final Paper
You will need to review the case questions prior to watching McGraw-Hill MIS Video Case: Primis.
You must use critical thinking skills to assimilate and synthesize course concepts that apply to the case questions below. Specific concepts and vocabulary from the course must be integrated into your responses, demonstrating a clear understanding of management information systems vernacular as it applies to each case question.
Final Paper Structure
1. Describe the kinds of questions McGraw-Hill might have asked as part of determining the feasibility of the Primis idea. Be sure to address the needs of the organization, end users (sales representatives, faculty, and students), IT specialists, and the groups involved in producing the finished custom books.
2. Assess the likelihood of implementing the system given the information the team had at the time. Justify why, or why not.
1. Process engineering is the design of business processes to achieve competitive advantage in cost, quality, speed, and service.
2. Evaluate which advantages were driving the development of the Primis system for McGraw-Hill.
3. Business customers must perceive that products/services are solutions to their problems. Describe how the Primis system design kept this objective in mind.
1. Assess whether the prototyping would have helped the Primis team. Justify why or why not.
2. Conclude why it was important to consider the relationship of Primis to back-end systems at McGraw-Hill.
3. If you were the project manager for Primis, explain and defend what would you have done differently.
1. Part of system maintenance is managing the growing volume of content in the Primis database. Explain the criteria you might use for determining content to add to the database. Since many print textbooks are revised every few years, describe how this process would affect contents in the Primis database.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be 10- to- 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford, in addition to the text.
7. Must document all sources in APA style as outlined.
8. Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more